Resolution 2004.08: Treatment of Autistic Persons
Submitted by: New Brunswick Provincial Council
Whereas, Autism is one of the most common developmental disorders and its root cause(s) remain the subject of research; therefore, be it
Resolved, That the national council of The Catholic Women’s League of Canada, in 84th annual national convention assembled, urge the federal government, in conjunction with provincial/territorial governments, to
• adequately fund research to determine the root cause(s) of autism
• promote awareness of the special needs of autistic persons
• provide resources for diagnosis, early intervention, effective treatment, and family support systems; and, be it further
Requested Members’ Action:
1. Write letters to the federal and provincial/territorial ministers of health; send a copy to your member of parliament/member of the legislative assembly and the prime minister/premier.
2. Become aware of efforts in your area regarding autism.
3. Support families who have children with autism.
4. Educate yourself and others about autism.