Resolution 2003.05: Type 2 Diabetes and You
Submitted by: BC & Yukon Provincial Council
Whereas, 1.98 million Canadians currently have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and statistics demonstrate that for every person with diagnosed diabetes, there is a person who is undiagnosed; and
Whereas, Many people with Type 2 Diabetes do not associate this disease with the symptoms, which include fatigue, excessive thirst, hunger, weight loss/gain, blurred vision, numbness in hands and feet, irritability, depression and recurring infections; and
Whereas, With prompt diagnosis, life style adjustments and, if necessary, medication, persons with diabetes can live long, productive lives; therefore, be it
Resolved, That the national council of The Catholic Women’s League of Canada, in 83rd annual national convention assembled,
- encourage members to have regular physical examinations and discuss the differential diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes with their physicians, and
- encourage members to embrace a healthy, active life style, and
- encourage members to educate themselves about Type 2 Diabetes.
Requested Members’ Action:
- Have regular physical examinations and discuss Type 2 Diabetes with your physician.
- Embrace a healthy, active life style.
- Invite health care professionals to speak to members about diabetes.