Communique #19 — Organization
National President-Elect and Chairperson of Organization Fran Lucas, June 7, 2021
A communique from the national chairperson of organization at the beginning of June could be seen as ill-timed—any other year, you would be right. By feedback from provincial presidents at the presentation of the pilot version of the Executive Orientation program, chairpersons wisely suggested the program be accessible as soon as possible. Thoughts ranged from May to October for when it could be introduced and then rolled out. Before I go any further, I must express my deepest appreciation to all provincial presidents-elect. Your dedication to have this critical training made available for all executives was inspirational and for which I will be forever grateful. Thank you provincial presidents-elect Joline Belliveau, Connie Crichton, Gay Garvey (now president), Sharon Geiger, Judy Hodge, Mary Hunt, Allison Klemen, Alice Noble, Crystal Reiter, Linda Squarzolo, and June Brown, who, as provincial president, was also filling the president-elect position.
Each module of the Executive Orientation program is offered in two formats:
- a self-directed PowerPoint that includes the speaker’s notes and enables councils to add their own speaking points.
- an audio/visual recording that does not require a member to lead the presentation.
A self-evaluation form to begin with and a session evaluation form to complete after each module is also included. The evaluation will go to the council’s president-elect, which will assist in identifying potential future training. A short introductory message to be used at the start of the training is also available. Please listen to this message as it explains a lot. Each of these resources will be available to download from the national website (cwl.ca) under To Organize — 800 Series: Workshops — (#828) Executive Orientation program on June 14th.
Included with this communique are detailed instructions on how to access the various components of this program, which you will want to share with your diocesan counterparts. Provincial presidents-elect, please work with your president to move this initiative forward.
Provincial chairpersons of organization should:
- Work with diocesan councils to determine how best to help them and their councils with this training. For example, identify an experienced facilitator who could help, such as a provincial executive member. Perhaps do some presentations by PowerPoint and some using the recorded versions.
- Challenge members to do the delivery by PowerPoint. It would be an excellent opportunity to become familiar with the material and practice that technical skill.
- Please have your diocesan councils/regional committees track delivery of this training at the parish level and, as provincial chairperson of organization, please do the same at the diocesan level. Provincial executives can then identify needs and make training decisions accordingly. The national executive will want to hear back on the successes at both levels.
- Parish executives are encouraged to cover the modules in their entirety, where diocesan or provincial executives may choose to condense the information when delivering.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Your president-elect will be of great assistance to answer your questions.
In anticipation that pandemic restrictions will continue to be lifted, I wish you a great summer!
National President-Elect and Chairperson of Organization