Communique #03 – Organization
National President-Elect and Chairperson of Organization Fran Lucas, January 9, 2019
This communique is dedicated to The Catholic Women’s League of Canada Plans Strategically 2018-2022 project. In communique #02 dated November 26, 2018, an update was provided on the strategic planning project. The following comprises the current status:
1. Provincial presidents have submitted recommendations of members who could potentially be asked to take part in a working group. The list is lengthy. Matching members’ skills to the required roles will be a wonderful opportunity to become more acquainted with the working group participants.
2. Via some conference calls, the implementation committee (IC) has:
• Discussed strategies and drafted overviews for a number of the strategic initiatives. The strategies will be finalized within the next 30 days and shared with the national executive/board at the winter meeting.
• Worked on a strategy map for the next five years, also to be presented at the winter meeting for approval by the board.
• Created a list of the recommended names submitted for working groups. As mentioned in communique #2, once approved by the board, the working groups for year one will be struck and charged with creating detailed action plans for each strategy. Their action plans will be submitted to the IC in June 2019 for approval. The work will begin thereafter.
• Created a prayer for the work that lies ahead and considered distribution methods for same.
• Discussed the communication of current project happenings and general information to be shared on the national website, Facebook page and through various written forms (e.g. parish mailing). Provincial presidents-elect will play a vital role in facilitating the communication to diocesan/parish councils.
3. There is a lot of member education that can take place at this time. Pages 10 and 11 from The Catholic Women’s League of Canada Plans Strategically 2018-2022 booklet are the best starting point. Ensure members know the new mission statement, the three core values, the core purpose and the envisioned future. Review Goal 1 and Goal 4 first year strategies to ensure members are familiar with the initial strategies to be worked.
The need to create the IC in late 2018, along with its orientation and initial steps in 2019 means the strategic plan’s final year of the five-year project is now 2023 not 2022.
Reminder: The recent document on communiques reinforces the committee chairperson’s role to share information and not duplicate efforts. Strategic planning and spearheading its rollout in a consistent and methodical way is a national responsibility. Please ensure the message is carried forward to all levels in a timely fashion.
The upcoming winter 2019 edition of The Canadian League contains a detailed update of events from convention until December 31, 2018.
Thank you for your invaluable time and support during this important stage as The Catholic Women’s League plans strategically!